Find Out How To Apply For Australia Permanent Residence From India?
Permanent residency for Australia allows you to work and settle in Australia for a period of 5 years. You can change the status for a citizen after 3 years of formal work. A PR visa for Australia allows you to accompany family.
How to apply for Australian PR?
To apply for an Australia Permanent Resident Visa, you first need to check your eligibility. To qualify for the process, you must score 65 points. Once your eligibility for a PR visa is confirmed, you will need to apply for a skills assessment. The skill assessment is done by a designated authority. After this, your application has to be submitted online.
The online pool system is called the “expression of interest”. Within 60 days of acceptance of your application, you must submit the required documents to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Upon successful verification of the documentation, you will be granted a visa.
What is the procedure for applying for an Australian permanent residence visa?
To apply for Australia Permanent Residence visa, you can follow the steps below
- Step 1 – Business Selection: The first thing to know before planning to apply for immigration to Australia is to know which business you are falling into, whether your profile is on the business list or not. If you do not find your possession in the demand list of Australia’s Occupation List. You cannot apply for Australia. Therefore it is very important to select your occupant in the occupation list with the correct NOC code.
- Step 2 – Skills assessment: You need to assess your skills from the relevant Australian Assessing Authority according to the demand list.
- Step 3 – Sponsorship (optional): If you are moving or migrating to Australia under a sponsorship visa, you need to obtain a sponsorship or nomination certificate from an Australian state or territory.
- Step 4- Submit Expression of Interest (EOI): The Australian Authority is required to present an EOI (Expression of Interest) to show interest on the skill through skill selection. The candidate may do so inside or outside Australia.
- Step 5 – Invitation to Apply (ITA) – When your profile is selected from the Australia Authority and you get an invitation to apply from Australia, you can apply for a permanent resident visa in Australia. You must submit your Australia PR application within 60 days (with an immigration fee). The contest application will be approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
What is the Australian PR Visa Categories which Indian Citizens can choose?
There are many ways for you to apply for an Australia PR card. You need to choose the appropriate program based on your eligibility and requirement. Popular immigration avenues for Australia PR are:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): This is one of the visa categories for permanent residence. This program mainly deals with skilled workers. However, you need to meet its eligibility criteria. Within this visa, you cannot receive a sponsorship. You must receive an invitation to apply for Australia permanent residency.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): This is a visa category for skilled workers who receive nominations from an Australian state / territory. This is very important to prove your business listed in the skill occupation list. You can apply for any region within a nominated state or territory.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489): This program was introduced to meet the skills requirement in regional areas of Australia. You must be able to meet the skill requirement and receive sponsorship or enrollment from a state or territory. This visa grants you to stay in the country for 4 years.
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa – (Subclass 491): From 16 November 2019, subclass 489 and 187 visas will be closed to new applicants and a new 491 visa will be replaced. This new visa will be classified as a GSM (General Skilled Migration) visa. They have many similarities. Subclass 491 is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia.
Fill out our free assessment form to know more about your immigration avenues and act right to make it happen. Get in touch with us today!