In culture, population, climate, geography and history, Australia is truly a unique and diverse country in every way. An island continent located between the Indian and Pacific oceans and the sixth largest country in the world, Australia has 19 World Heritage properties. Australia is famous for its ancient geology, high country as well as its historic buildings including the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Immigration and visas are the first steps in settling in a new country, a process that includes the assessment of potential immigrant education (educational and professional), vocational skills, training and experience for a permanent residency in Australia. Applying for permanent residence (PR) in any country requires some preparation.
Eligibility For Settle Permanently In Australia
- Required Points – The candidate should score at least 65 marks under the point grid.
- Age limit – The age of the candidate should be below 45 years.
- Language proficiency – Required to prove at least a competent level of English language proficiency.
- Health and Character Assessment – The candidate should have good health and character.
- Skills – A candidate is required to assess skills. Designated Australian officers assess skills and occupation.
- Occupation – The candidate must be enrolled in the Skilled Occupations List in Australia.
We know Australia for its world class lifestyle and job opportunities. If you are sure about going to Australia, then you should understand its organized immigration system and immigration law. As the country has not made any discrimination on the basis of race, caste, the immigration process is the same for all candidates from India for Australia PR.
- Step 1 – Business Selection: The first thing to know before planning to apply for immigration to Australia is to know which business you are falling into, whether your profile is on the business list or not. If you do not find your possession in the demand list of Australia’s Occupation List. You cannot apply for Australia. Therefore it is very important to select your occupant in the occupation list with the correct NOC code.
- Step 2 – Skills assessment: You need to assess your skills from the relevant Australian Assessing Authority according to the demand list.
- Step 3 – Sponsorship (optional): If you are moving or migrating to Australia under a sponsorship visa, you need to obtain a sponsorship or nomination certificate from an Australian state or territory.
- Step 4 – Submit EOI: The candidate is required to present the EOI (Expression of Interest) to the Australian Authority to show interest on the skill through skill selection. The candidate may do so inside or outside Australia.
- Step 5 – Invitation to Apply (ITA) – When your profile is selected from the Australia Authority and you get an invitation to apply from Australia, you can apply for a permanent resident visa in Australia. You must submit your Australia PR application within 60 days (with an immigration fee). The contest application will be approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs (DOHA).
Visa type for immigration to Australia from India
You need to select the visa type for immigration to Australia as there are many visas available. Below are visa types available for immigration to Australia according to their subclass.
- Subclass 189 – A Permanent Resident Visa for working and residing in Australia, this candidate must obtain a minimum of 65 points to be eligible for a skilled labor visa for Australia.
- Subclass 190 – This visa allows the applicant to live, work and live in Australia. To be eligible for the state nomination program (subclass 190), the candidate needs to be enrolled from a particular state.
- Subclass 489 – This visa is valid for 4 years only. Which requires prospective candidates to live, work in Australia to obtain a permanent resident visa for Australia.
- Subclass 188 – Subclass 188 Visa is designed for business owners and investors who are active in the second phase of business innovation and investment.
- Subclass 888 – This visa allows the businessman and investor to obtain citizenship in Australia.
- Subclass 132 – Subclass 132 is for those who are commercially well placed to build and develop an existing business in Australia.
- Subclass 491 – From 16 November 2019, subclass 489 and 187 visas will be closed to new applicants and a new 491 visa will be replaced.
Australia immigration document required from India
The following is a general list of documents required for immigration to Australia:
- Skill assessment proof
- Proof of age
- IELTS Report (7 bands each)
- Reference Letter (optional)
- Partner’s IELTS report, work experience letter and marriage certificate (if applicable)